The ANOVO firm has prepared a series of recommendations for its maintenance and so that those students, families, and educational centers who decide to renew their equipment or acquire a new one, know how to use them so as not to lose the guarantee.
During this course, the hybrid training model (online and face-to-face) is considered as one of the main ideas to take into account. And, in this context, the use of updated electronic devices capable of allowing interaction with the eLearning platforms used in the classroom is essential.
Apps, games, video calls …
Among the various options available, tablets and mobiles offer multiple possibilities for downloading educational applications, the inclusion of games that reinforce learning, the use of cameras or microphones for language practice, video calls, and so on. Thanks to this, they are very useful to offer a broader and more attractive training ecosystem capable of motivating students and are usually recommended for children under 6 years of age because they are an easier device to handle and have a touch screen that allows interaction directly with the online learning environment. On the other hand, laptops and desktop computers offer greater autonomy and work capacity to students in Primary, Secondary, High School, and higher studies.
Taking into account the importance that technology will have for the 2020/2021 academic year, the ANOVO firm has prepared a series of recommendations for its maintenance and those students, families, and educational centers who decide to renew their equipment or acquire a new one, know-how use them so as not to lose the warranty.
Maintenance of electronic devices
Proper maintenance of electronic equipment that is used daily allows to extend the useful life of these devices and enjoy a better performance during use. The objective of this maintenance is to prevent possible failures or incidents that may occur in mobile phones, tablets, computers, laptops, etc., to prolong their proper functioning in this way.
It can be carried out from a physical or hardware point of view with actions such as cleaning the equipment, replacing the battery, checking the connections and wiring … It is recommended that all these maintenance actions be carried out by a technical service approved by the brand Of the device. Even more so if the equipment is under the warranty period, otherwise it would be invalidated.
On the other hand, it is also recommended to perform software maintenance to ensure that all the functionalities of the equipment are at full capacity.
Both the update of the operating system and the drivers are decisive for the correct operation of the device. The companies that offer official technical service have a series of analysis and diagnostic equipment that allows them to detect any anomaly both in the hardware and in the software of mobiles, tablets, laptops, etc. In this way, they can help keep equipment always ready.
From the user’s point of view, there are also a series of actions that contribute to the better maintenance of electronic devices.
- Always turn off the device before cleaning.
- Never use cleaning products that contain ammonia, ethyl alcohol, or acetone as they could cause imperfections in the glass.
- Clean the camera lens with a small, slightly damp cotton ball.
- In the case of mobiles, tablets and laptops always use protective covers. It is the best way to avoid unwanted accidents.
- Avoid downloading files, programs, or applications from an unreliable source.
- Always have antivirus software or app.
- Update the operating system frequently.
- Do not force your team to use a large number of applications at the same time.
- Only use official cables and chargers from the brand of your device.
- Charge the battery before using your mobile, tablet, or laptop for the first time.
- Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures.
- Consult with a certified technical service both for the internal cleaning of the equipment and for any incident that may arise.
The guarantee, how to keep it?
In general, terms, taking into account the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users, it can be said that all damages derived from misuse or maintenance of the electronic device are exempt from warranty. In addition to these, each manufacturer can detail their own warranty conditions in the product warranty.
When a mobile phone, a tablet, a computer, or any other equipment has an incident that is covered by the warranty, its repair has no cost as long as you go to the manufacturer’s official technical service. However, if the device shows signs of any activity that is considered to invalidate the warranty, the user must pay for its repair.
What is there to avoid?
1. Broken screen. One of the most common incidents and that affects one of the most expensive components of the devices is the breakage of the screen. By screen, we mean both the display and the touch sensor and their breakage is usually due to an accidental fall or impact. In the event of a break in the warranty period, only if the manufacturer’s official technical service is consulted, the warranty remains in force after the repair and may be effective in the event of another type of incident. Besides, it must be borne in mind that a device with a broken screen cannot exercise its right of warranty repair for another incident that is contemplated until the screen has been repaired. The technology manufacturers, so that we always enjoy the equipment as if it were new,
2. Tampered device. A tampered device is one that has been opened or repaired by someone other than the manufacturer or its technical service. Electronic equipment includes elements to recognize tampering. In order not to lose the guarantee, for this reason, it is advisable not to try to carry out actions ourselves on devices that do not allow it. An example of this type of action would be the replacement of batteries in mobiles and tablets with an integrated battery or the change of the display by oneself or in a non-approved technical service.
3. Presence of humidity. Electronic devices have inside indicators of the presence of humidity. Sometimes these indicators can be activated even if they have not been submerged, simply because they have been in an environment with high humidity. To avoid this, it is recommended, for example, not to take the devices to the bathroom.
4. Non-original accessories. You can also lose the warranty of an electronic product when using chargers, headphones, or USB cables that are not approved by the brand and that have caused an incident.
5. Software. The installation of a new operating system on behalf of the user or any modification of the same that is made can also lead to the loss of the guarantee. For this reason, in the event of any malfunction, it is advisable to go to the store where the product was purchased or to an official technical service of the brand.
From ANOVO they advise to always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the recommendations and use of electronic devices and, in case of doubt or incident, go to an official point of the brand.